This website or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy.
You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by closing or dismissing this notice, by clicking a link or button or by continuing to browse otherwise.

Hands up who wants to work with children


Childcare, Teaching Assistant and Education

If you want to work with children, or are a full time carer for a child with special educational needs or behavioural difficulties, get a helping hand with an Online Academies course.

There is a real skill and insight to understanding Autism, or reaching out and looking after a child with complex behavioural difficulties. We offer numerous courses at all levels in Special Educational Needs (SEN). With easily navigable course content and a multiple-choice assessments, you can complete at your own pace, in and around your busy life.

Perhaps you want to branch into child psychology, child development, or educational psychology. No problem. Start with a Child Psychology Diploma, or a Counselling Children and Adults Diploma, all accredited by Online Academies, and all containing materials developed by leading professionals in the field.

If teaching is your calling, you can study a Teaching English as a Second Language Diploma. This course will help you find a teaching job on a year abroad, or bolster your CV for a career in the growing field of EAL (English as an Additional Language); an asset in any UK school. We also offer a Teaching Assistant Diploma for aspiring or existing teaching assistants.